Information for oral presentation
Speakers should send their Power Point presentations one week prior to the conference via e-mail to: email@example.com and test their presentation early in the morning on the day of their lecture before the sessions start. Staff will assist speakers with their presentation.
In order to ensure all oral presentations run smoothly, please consider the following details:
• Lectures should be 20 - 30 minutes long.
• Speakers must be in the lecture room 20 minutes before their session starts.
• A computer will be located in the room.
• Speakers are asked to stick to the allotted speaking time as they will be timed. This is necessary to keep the programme on schedule!
• Please take into account that the allotted time for speakers includes time for questions and discussion. We recommend to leave at least 5 minutes at the end of your presentation for this purpose.
Other instructions for speakers and session chairs:
- BEFORE THE CONFERENCE START - AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: In case of unforeseen circumstances necessitating a change in the programme, a cancellation of a talk or a change in chair of a session, please CONTACT THE ORGANISER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- 15 min before the session start: The Session Chairs meet with the session speakers, speakers’ introductions are agreed on, the speakers are once again reminded that their time is allocated INCLUDING questions; talks are uploaded.
- SHORTLY BEFORE THE SESSION START (cca 1 min): The Chairs walk onto the stage, take their assigned places and try the microphones.
- AT THE SESSION START (NOT LATER than 1 min after the scheduled start): The Session Charis introduce themselves and open the session,.
- 0 min = AT EACH TALK START: One of the Chairs introduces the first speaker, the Chair notes the real time, and ads the allocated time and notes the talk end time.
- 5 min BEFORE EACH TALK END: The Chairs walk onto the stage signalling 5 min remaining INCLUDING questions.
- 3, 2, and 1 min BEFORE EACH TALK END: Chair indicating to the speaker the max. time remaining INCLUDING questions.
- At the talk END: The Chair thanks the speaker, and if the speaker left time within the talk allocation, opens the discussion (can state how many minutes remain for questions), otherwise the Chair thanks the speaker advising the audience to approach the speaker with question during the remainder of the conference.
- At the SESSION END: The Chairs thanks the speakers and close the session.
SPEAKERS AND CHAIRS: IN THE INTEREST OF ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE AND UPHOLD THE ALLOCATED TIMES!
The INDC organizing committee announces that there will be young scientific session with The Best Lecture Award, designed to recognize participants, who might give the most outstanding presentation of research and which represents a valuable contribution to the field of nutrition and diagnostics.
The best lecture presentation will be announced at the closing ceremony on Thursday, December 2, 2021.